Bellasymphony

September 09, 2009

Upcycled and Sweet!

I haven't really made the time to get into the whole upcycle trend, and I have many projects awaiting their transformation on my sewing tables as proof.  Someday those summer dresses will be made for Symphony and Bella, and when that day comes, I'm sure the trend will have passed on!

By special request I have made a super sweet vintage little Strawberry Shortcake set that I am in love with!  I had originally bought the fabric at a steal, considering how much they were wanting for it at the Rose Bowl Flea Market (which is a rip off!), with the intentions of selling it by the yard.  I was reminded of the sheeting I had stashed away, and made a super cute little set!  I am super in love with the wipes case that I had to applique a small strawberry onto due to wear on the print.  All in all, I love it and hope the sweet little girl will adore it too!





































6 comments:

Rubyellen said...

that looks too darn sweet! i have fond memories of strawberry shortcake. miss you friend!

Jenifer said...

I have a soft spot for Strawberry Shortcake. So cute! Super cute blog too! It's always exciting when I come across a fellow Etsian's blog.
Here's my shop too (if you want to see it) www.cantaloupecorner.etsy.com

Becky said...

Thanks Jenifer! I loved it when I first saw it, and didn't want to give it up! IT brought back my childhood and the sweet smell of the Strawberry Shortcake gang and dolls :)

I love you work, it's so very cute! Thank you for stopping by!

ricebabies said...

Oh so sweet. I had 4 sisters, we LOVED Strawberry shortcake, so remember the cereal? So yummy.

I have a blog Giveaway with some nostalgic fabric on it as well.

http://ricebabies-ca.blogspot.com/2009/09/happy-giveaway.html

the shoppe owner said...

I love it!!! It brings back such lovely memories. If only you could have made it to smell like the old dolls... YUM!

Kara said...

oh my goodness!! i have 2 sets of those sheets. (bid on ebay for both and uhm, well won both!)
i had been trying to think of what i would 'upcycle' mine into...